Pet Advice Terms of Engagement
Wood Green, The Animals Charity is committed to delivering high standards and treating all members of the public with respect, clarity, honesty and fairness;
All staff and volunteers that provide advice, support and guidance shall;
- Endeavour to maintain and develop their professional competence and work within its limits. Where the services they judge to be appropriate are outside of their personal competence, those services must be supplied from other colleagues who are appropriately skilled to provide them.
- Comply with the law including those that apply to animal welfare, data protection, health and safety and the environment. Take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any records they make, including those held on computer.
- Supply a summary of the discussions that have taken place during pre-booked consultations, including advice given, supporting resources available and recommendations for a follow-up call.
- Supply supplementary information relating to legal requirements relating to the specific species involved.
- Only make audio, video, or photographic recordings of recipients of services with the expressed agreement of those being recorded both to the recording being made and to the subsequent conditions of access to it.
- Value and have respect for all relevant evidence and the limits of such evidence when giving advice or expressing a professional opinion;
- Take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders in an animal that may be associated with a problem behaviour are carried out by a veterinary surgeon or other person designated as appropriate by relevant legislation.
- In exceptional circumstances, where there is sufficient evidence to raise serious concern about the safety or interests of recipients of services, or about others who may be threatened by the recipient's behaviour, take such steps as are judged necessary to inform appropriate third parties without prior consent.
- Answer all reasonable questions about our charitable activities and costs. Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we will make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, you can contact us to make a complaint. For full details of our complaints procedure, or to make a complaint to Wood Green, The Animals Charity:
- You can email us at email@example.com
- Or you can call us on 0300 303 9333
- Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Clive Byles, CEO
Wood Green, The Animals Charity
King's Bush Farm