Tuesday 21 June 2011
Wood Green launches new website and new look!
Welcome to our new website and new look!
We have been very busy over the past 12 months working on a brand new interactive website and a fresh, vibrant look which we hope will appeal to new and existing supporters.
We’ve put a lot of work into our new site to make it fresh, vibrant, fun, interactive, informative and easy to use.
The new website includes;
- An extensive Pet Advice section packed full of information on dogs, cats, small animals and field animals.
- A Fun & Learning section designed specifically for teachers, students, young adults and children with downloadable resources, games and quizzes.
- PetBook – Facebook for pets where people can add information, pictures and updates about their pets.
- A new Community section with a new Wood Green blog and links to the Charity’s social networking sites.
In order for Wood Green to continue to evolve and reposition itself as a nationally recognised animal welfare charity, the decision was made to re-brand the Charity.
Our extensive research proved;
- Outside of the areas surrounding our three Centres, we are not well known at all.
- Our former branding was not reflective of Wood Green today and our modern, progressive approach to animal welfare.
- Our former image gave the impression we are a small charity and had no real impact compared to our competitors within the sector.
We know the new brand will;
- Attract a wider demographic (including a younger audience).
- Refresh our image and give Wood Green a more modern feel.
- Allow us to incorporate our sub-brands including Hands On, Pet Promise.
- Assist with internal and external key messages, helping to make it clear to the public who we are and what we do.
Wood Green Animal Shelters is still our legal name; however we have registered Wood Green, The Animals Charity as our Trademark. This became our new name in June 2011.
We hope you like it and we look forward to receiving your comments via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Communications Team on 0844 248 8181.