Our fundraising promise
Wood Green, The Animals Charity is committed to treating the public with respect, fairness, honesty and clarity, in all our fundraising activities.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds and comply with all Codes and with this Promise (http://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code-of-fundraising-practice/code-of-fundraising-practice/).
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.
What do you need to know if you wish to make a complaint?
When you make a complaint to Wood Green, The Animals Charity, we promise to:
- Acknowledge your complaint within five working days and commit to dealing with the matter within 25 working days.
- Respect your rights as a customer to full transparency and will honour this by making a full investigation regarding complaints and concerns raised to the best of our ability.
- Comply with the Fundraising Regulator's codes of Fundraising Practice.
For full details of our complaints policy, or to make a complaint to Wood Green, The Animals Charity:
In the first instance, customer complaints should be made through the Supporter Relations team. You can contact the team in several different ways:
- By phone: You can call us on 0300 303 93 33. Our Supporter Relations team will be ready and willing to help. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm.
- By email: Supporter.Relations@woodgreen.org.uk
- By post: Wood Green The Animals Charity, King’s Bush Farm, London Road, Godmanchester, Cambs PE29 2NH
Full details of our complaints policy can be found here.