Animal Foster Carer
Would you like to become part of the fostering team, to help make a difference to the lives of the animals, whilst they await their new homes?
Wood Green, like other leading animal charities, helps to take in and rehome animals that may have found themselves lost, abandoned or unwanted. Some of these animals are looking for a bit of respite whilst they are awaiting their new homes or are recovering from a medical illness and would love to be in a foster home.
Fostering is extremely rewarding and means you get the chance to spend time with animals in your home without the long term financial and lifetime commitments.
What type of animals needs fostering and why?
Wood Green looks for foster placements for their Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Guinea pigs and other Small animals. Primarily the reasons for fostering are stress related, however we will place animals out on foster for medical reasons. We also look for midwife foster carers for any pregnant cats and dogs.
What do I need to do as a foster carer?
- Care for the animals needs whilst they are with you
- Be happy to send us photo’s, video’s and updates on the animals character and personality which can help us find them a new home
What are the requirements?
Although each species have slightly different requirements, they are all looking for someone with a heart and space in their home to help make a difference to their lives.
What do I get from fostering?
- You will be helping animals in need to find new homes
- Wood Green provides all the food, equipment and veterinary costs
- You get to have a pet in your life without the full time commitment
- You will gain practical skills and experience
- Training will be provided
- One to one support will be given on a regular basis
How do I become a foster carer?
To become a foster carer, we would ask that you complete an application form, via this link.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please email: email@example.com or call: 0300 303 9333