If you’re thinking about rehoming an animal from Wood Green then we recommend you sit down and have a chat with everyone in your home to decide what type of animal you’d like.
Our promise to you
Every animal that comes to Wood Green is given a thorough healthcheck before they are put up for rehoming and if appropriate they are:
- vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and neutered (if puppies are too young then we will give you a neutering voucher)
- given a behavioural assessment
- given an individual profile to help match the right owner
How to rehome an animal
The rehoming process for each species is slightly different, so please visit the relevant area for more detailed information. We have outlined the general process below:
- All the animals available for rehoming are regularly updated right here on our website.
- You’ll need to complete a homefinder form - these can either be downloaded and completed in advance (please visit relevant species section) or on arrival at one of our Centres.
- Visit one of our centres and have a look around (more information on contact details and opening times can be found here). You might need to visit a few times to find your perfect match, but don’t be disheartened! It is very important to match the right person with the right pet to ensure a lifelong relationship is made.
- You will need to bring two forms of identification, one of which should contain your current address.
- Once you have found your perfect match (depending on the species) we may ask to meet the whole family and possibly arrange a home visit.
- A book out appointment will then be made for you to take home your new pet.
How much does it cost?
We’ll ask you to pay a rehoming fee which helps towards the cost of the animal’s care during their stay with us. Here’s a guide:
- Puppy: £150 (up to 14 weeks, includes neutering voucher)
- Dog: £120
- Cat over 16 weeks of age: £70
- Kitten up to 16 weeks: £70 (From the 1st Feb 2017 this will be increasing to £85 to cover first vaccinations)
- Rabbit: £20
- Ferret: £20
- Guinea pig: £15
- Rodent: £10
- Sheep: £40
- Goat: £40
- Chicken: £5
When we take on an animal, we make a pledge to ensure their well-being for the rest of their lives. This means that new owners can call on us for support and advice weeks, months and even years later. You may also find our Pet advice section very helpful for everything from training tips to behaviour and seasonal advice and much more!